Winter 2020 semester permits for economy and general parking, as well as a limited number of premium permits, will be available starting Dec. 2. All winter semester permits can be picked up from the TRU parking desk in the Bookstore starting Dec. 16.
Four types of parking permits
First-come first-served, Lot N, NT, XT and Z (formerly UCH)
Half-day ($3, N only) or all-day ($4) from lot dispensers or PayByPhone
10-week or 16-week semester ($200) e-Permit
If you park 5 days/week, the semester permit is $2.50/day
Winter 2020 permit sales open Dec. 2.
Like being prepared? You can check Lot N Availability on the TRU Go App before you head to campus.
First-come first-served, any general lot (E, H, J, M, T1, T3 and W)
All-day ($5) from lot dispensers or PayByPhone
Weekly ($25), 10-week ($200) or 16-week semester ($250) e-Permit
If you park 5 days/week, the semester permit is $3.13/day
Winter 2020 permit sales open Dec. 2.
Guaranteed, specific lot only (A3, B, C, D2, L1, S, T2 or V1)
1 semester ($300), 2 semesters ($600), or annual ($900). Apply for winter 2020 below.
If you park 5 days/week, the semester permit is $3.75/day
A small number of winter semester premium permits are available starting Dec. 2, first-come, first-served, directly from Impark.
How to purchase from Impark: Check the Premium lot map above and note the name of the lot you want to park in. Spaces for winter semester are limited—be prepared to check availability in alternate lots.
Go to the Impark Monthly Parking website and follow these steps:
1. Log into your existing Impark account (use temporary password Welcome if you forgot your password) or create a new account. Then from the red menu bar, click on Sign-Up.
2. Enter “Thompson Rivers University” in the Lot Search field. From the list of TRU parking lots, select your desired lot and click Lot Details. Double-check that the details match the lot you want. (If the lot is marked full, choose Lot Search from the menu to restart step 2.)
3. Click the red Buy Parking button. At the bottom of the page, review the permit descriptions carefully—look for "Student" options. Choose the permit you want and click Select.
4. Complete the application form. NOTE: On the Delivery Options screen, you MUST select the “Mail” option. All permits will be mailed to the TRU Parking Office, and then you can pick up your permit at the parking desk in the Bookstore.
5. Provide your credit card information.
Check your email for confirmation of your sign-up and your receipt.
Guaranteed, one specific numbered stall in a selected lot
Annual ($1,225) Applications for 2019/20 now closed.
If you park 5 days/week, the annual permit is $4.79/day
Reserved applications for Sept. 1, 2019 to Aug. 31, 2020 permits closed on April 15.
Share the costs of commuting and parking—find a carpool buddy through TRU Rideshare, a free online app. Learn more
You can also register an additional vehicle on your long-term parking permit—whether it's economy, general, premium or reserved—so you and your carpool buddy can take turns driving if you wish. (Just make sure you transfer your permit between vehicles when you switch—and call the Parking Office if you leave it behind.) Email the Parking Office with the vehicle's licence plate and model to register.
Discount for students living outside Kamloops Transit service
If you live outside the Kamloops Transit area, and have opted out of the TRUSU UPASS, you may qualify for a 20 percent UPASS parking discount on semester and annual parking permits.
Once you’ve confirmed you are opted out of the UPASS, bring your receipt for your semester or annual parking permit to the TRU Parking Office in the Bookstore. The Parking Office will verify your UPASS status and give you the 20 percent discount for the permit you purchased. Applications for the discount on winter semester permits are due Jan. 31, 2019.