Parking fees will resume on Sept. 1, 2020
Starting September 2020, parking fees will resume on the Kamloops campus. For employees working remotely, a semester-long permit may not make sense for the limited times you come to campus. For your convenience, daily parking in premium lots will be temporarily permitted for the fall semester at $6 per day. All other rates will remain the same, $5 per day in general and $4 per day in economy.
If you currently have an annual reserved stall (expiring Aug. 31) and wish to release it for September due to your limited time on campus, you will be provided first right of refusal to obtain that stall once we resume normal operations.
Fall semester permits for each tier of parking will also be available for those who need to park on the Kamloops campus regularly. Details on how to order long-term permits will be available soon below.
Payroll deduction is only available at this time for Reserved parking permits.
Information with respect to winter 2021 parking will be made available prior to the start of that semester. Please contact the Parking Office if you have any questions.
Four types of parking permits
First-come first-served, Lot N, NT, XT and Z (formerly UCH)
Half-day ($3, N only) or all-day ($4) from lot dispensers or PayByPhone
$200 per semester billed through e-Permit to your credit card
If you park 5 days/week, the long term permit is $2.50/day
Like being prepared? You can check Lot N Availability on the TRU Go App before you head to campus.
Guaranteed, specific lot only (A3, B, C, D2, L1, S, T2 or V1)
$6 per day
$75 per month billed monthly to your credit card.
If you park 5 days/week, the long term permit is $3.75
How to purchase from Impark: Check the Premium lot map above and note the name of the lot you want to park in. Spaces for winter semester are limited—be prepared to check availability in alternate lots.
Go to the Impark Monthly Parking website and follow these steps:
1. Log into your existing Impark account (use temporary password Welcome if you forgot your password) or create a new account. Then from the red menu bar, click on Sign-Up.
2. Enter “Thompson Rivers University” in the Lot Search field. From the list of TRU parking lots, select your desired lot and click Lot Details. Double-check that the details match the lot you want. Due to the unusual circumstances, there will be no lottery as the lots will not be full.
3. Click the red Buy Parking button. At the bottom of the page, review the permit descriptions carefully—there will be one semester, two semester, annual rates and "Student" options. Choose the permit you want and click Select.
4. Complete the application form. NOTE: On the Delivery Options screen, you MUST select the “Mail” option. All permits will be mailed directly to you. They will NOT be delivered to the Parking Office.
5. Provide your credit card information. If you purchase a semester pass, your credit card will be charged on a monthly basis. It will be your responsibility to cancel your parking for any reason. No refunds will be issued if you fail to cancel your monthly pass. The credit card payment method will replace staff payroll deduction until further notice.
Check your email for confirmation of your sign-up (and your receipt if you paid up front).
Guaranteed, one specific numbered stall in a selected lot
Annual $1,225 available through payroll deduction only $102.08/month
Monthly payroll deduction is $102.08 ($4.79/day)
Reserved applications for Sept. 1, 2020 to Aug. 31, 2021 permits close on Sept. 1, 2020. Employees must be logged onto the TRU network on campus to apply for a reserved permit.
Share the costs of commuting and parking—find a carpool buddy through TRU Rideshare, a free online app. Learn more
You can also register an additional vehicle on your long-term parking permit—whether it's economy, general, premium or reserved—so you and your carpool buddy can take turns driving if you wish. (Just make sure you transfer your permit between vehicles when you switch—and call the Parking Office if you leave it behind.) Email the Parking Office with the vehicle's licence plate and model to register.
Discount for employees living outside Kamloops Transit service
If you live outside the Kamloops Transit area, you may qualify for a 20 percent parking discount on semester and annual parking permits. Bring or email your receipt for your semester or annual parking permit to the TRU Parking Office with a copy of your driver's licence (showing your home address) and your employee number (subject line "Outside transit area discount"). The Parking Office will verify you live outside transit service before processing the discount on your permit. Applications for the discount on winter semester permits are due Jan. 31, 2020.
New Seasonal Commuter permit
As a thank-you for using alternative transportation, TRU is offering a Seasonal Commuter parking permit to cyclists. Register your bike with the Sustainability office to be eligible for a Seasonal Commuter permit valid from Nov. 15, 2019 to Mar. 15, 2020 for either economy ($200) or general ($250) lots.
Cycle until mid-November, park during winter weather, resume cycling in March, and save the equivalent of one semester of parking! Up to 100 permits are available (first-come, first-served)—register by Sept. 30, then purchase your Seasonal Commuter permit at the parking desk in the Bookstore.