Sleep Centre Clinic
A clinic run by student respiratory therapists is open Monday to Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Ken Lepin Science and Health Sciences Building, Room S301. Call 250-371-5952 for an appointment if you have a requisition (doctor or nurse practitioner referral required) for blood-pressure monitoring and/or sleep assessment. There is an elevator to the third floor in the building for those with mobility issues and designated parking spaces in Lot S for your convenience. Please mention “parking payment” while booking your appointment.
» Patient Referral Requisition Form | » Campus Map
The TRU Centre for Respiratory Health and Sleep Science is an extension of the Faculty of Science. The centre promotes and facilitates research into the best practices in the arena of respiratory health and sleep science.
The centre will strive to provide a clinical venue to promote knowledge dissemination, education and research. It will facilitate innovation and knowledge translation. As an extension of the Faculty of Science the centre will promote and facilitate research into the best practices in the arena of respiratory health and sleep science. With a focus on education, applied research and practical applications of new knowledge the centre will become a catalyst for scholarly activity expanding the educational, research capacity and productivity of associated faculties.
- The scholarship of teaching to promote best practice in the education of students.
- The testing, assessment and investigation of medical technologies used in the practice of respiratory care and sleep science.
- The investigation and implementation of best practice in field of respiratory care and sleep science.
- The investigation and implementation of best practice in the clinical simulation of patient procedures and conditions.
- A community outreach program to provide education and collect data in rural communities.
- Provincial collaborations across regions in both large and small communities.
- A transdisciplinary approach to advancements in respiratory, sleep, education and health.