TRU Centre for Respiratory Health and Sleep Science
Sleep Centre Clinic
This respiratory therapy student run clinic is open Monday to Wednesday from 1 pm to 5:30 pm for adult sleep apnea and blood pressure testing. We are open for pediatric sleep appointments each Thursday from 1 pm to 5:30 pm. Appointments are held in room S204 of the Ken Lepin Science Building. Call 250-371-5952 for an appointment if you have a requisition (doctor or nurse practitioner referral required). There are designated parking spaces at the far end of Lot S for your convenience.
»Patient Referral Requisition Form | » Campus Map
The TRU Centre for Respiratory Health and Sleep Science is an extension of the Faculty of Science. This centre promotes and facilitates research into best practices for respiratory health and sleep science.
The centre will strive to provide a clinical venue promoting knowledge dissemination, education and research. It will facilitate innovation and knowledge translation. As an extension of the Faculty of Science, the centre will promote and facilitate research into best practices for the arena of respiratory health and sleep science. With a focus on education, applied research and practical applications of new knowledge the centre will become a catalyst for scholarly activity expanding the educational research capacity and productivity of associated faculties.
- The scholarship of teaching to promote best practice in the education of students.
- The testing, assessment and investigation of medical technologies used in the practice of respiratory care and sleep science.
- The investigation and implementation of best practice in field of respiratory care and sleep science.
- The investigation and implementation of best practice in the clinical simulation of patient procedures and conditions.
- A community outreach program to provide education and collect data in rural communities.
- Provincial collaborations across regions in both large and small communities.
- A transdisciplinary approach to advancements in respiratory, sleep, education and health.