Send documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to send an official transcript by deadline, send a copy of your unofficial transcript, then send the official transcript ASAP.
- Applications may be submitted after Oct. 1.
- Application deadline for the first-year diploma program is Feb. 1. Note: First year is the same for both diploma and dual credential streams.
- Application deadline for fast-track diploma is Feb. 1. When applying, add in RT Program - fast-track.
- Applications will be processed only if all documentation is complete — transcripts, copy of CPR certificate, and verificaiton of program info session attendance/completion.
Diploma and dual credential
Prospective students must submit a completed application form together with all required documentation.
If you are interested in a Bachelor of Health Science degree (dual credential), please note there is not a "physical" option for BHSc on the online form. Initially you must apply to the respiratory therapy diploma program. During the second semester of the first year, you will be given the opportunity to apply for the BHSc (dual credential). The first year is the same for both the diploma and dual credential streams. Admission will be based on the available seats (usually 25 - 30) and cGPA in the first year.
You can specify "degree" and "BHSc" (program) and respiratory therapy as your "major" on the PDF application version.
Note: Acceptance is conditional based on receipt of official transcripts (high school and/or post-secondary) and all documentation.
Please refer to the TRU Calendar for further program information, TRU policies, additional application procedures and course descriptions.
Fast-track diploma option
Students applying for the fast-track option must submit the application form together with all required documentation. If all the documentation is not available at the time of application submission, it should be submitted ASAP.
Note: Acceptance is conditional based on receipt of official undergraduate transcripts and all documentation. Final acceptance into the fall semester is dependent upon successful completion of the TRU-OL courses.
When completing the PDF application for fast-track, fill out the following under:
- Program Choice: Respiratory Therapy (fast-track) and whether you will accept a seat in first year if declined for fast track
- Which semester do you wish to begin yoru studies? Fall _____
When completing the online application for fast-track, provide the information about applying for fast-track on the "Other Information" page under the section "Additional Information".