Admission into first year
Students may gain admission to the TRU Engineering Transfer program in several ways including:
- Following graduation from high school.
- Following partial completion of first-year engineering at TRU or another recognized university.
Applications should be received no later than the June 30 deadline for admission the following September. Space permitting, applications may also be accepted after the deadline. There are 60 seats available in the TRU first-year engineering transfer program and admission is competitive based on academic performance. Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission.
High school admission requirements
Admission to the Engineering Transfer program following high school graduation will normally require:
- Pre-Calculus 12 (or equivalent) with B (73%) or better
- Physics 12 (or equivalent) with B (73%) or better
- Chemistry 11 (or equivalent) with B (73%) or better (Chem 12 is highly recommended)
- English 12 (or equivalent) with a 73% (combined high school and government exam) or better
Admission after partial completion of first-year engineering
Students who have completed parts of a first year Engineering program at a recognized Canadian university will be considered for admission to the TRU engineering program on a case by case basis. Interested individuals should contact the TRU engineering program coordinator for more details.
The transfer application process
Early in the winter semester of first year engineering, TRU students will apply to the universities at which they are hoping to complete their engineering degrees. Application deadlines vary between institutions. Admission in the Faculty of Engineering at UBC normally requires a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (Please confirm it with UBC as every year there may be some changes). Admission in the Faculty of Engineering at UVic normally requires a cumulative GPA ranging from 2.33 to 3.33 depending on the chosen discipline. TRU engineering students have successfully transferred and completed engineering degrees at UBC and UVic since the early 1980's.
Admission into second year
Applications should be received no later than the official June 30 deadline for admission in the following September intake.
The minimum admission requirements are:
- The completion of the first year of the Engineering Transfer program at TRU (36 credits) or at another recognized engineering transfer program, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- A grade of C or better in all courses that are part of the first-year transfer program.
Note: Students having completed a first year of engineering studies in an accredited program at a Canadian university will be considered for admission on a case by case basis.