Program intake: Fall semester 2022
Admission for the Fall 2022 intake is now OPEN for Domestic students only.
Admission for the Fall 2022 intake is CLOSED for International students.
- Deadline for domestic students: July 1, 2022.
- Deadline for international students: CLOSED.
- Seats are limited, so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- We process applications on an ongoing basis and will stop accepting applications when all seats are filled.
You must choose one of two options for graduation when you apply into this program:
- The Project Option is for students who want to have a non-academic career and to seek employment in industrial/applied-oriented.
- The Thesis Option is for students who want to pursue research and further graduate studies in data science, computer science or related areas.
Students pursuing the Thesis Option must have a confirmed faculty supervisor for their master’s thesis. You can explore the research areas of available faculty and contact a potential supervisor in the area of intended research. Communication with prospective supervisor on research topics, study plan and financial support are strongly encouraged. Students choosing Thesis Option must have a committed supervisor (before or after submitting application), and shall inform Admission Office the name(s) of confirmed faculty supervisor. Otherwise, their applications will be considered as “incomplete” and will not send to MScDS Admission Committee for assessment. If you have questions, please contact the program coordinator.