All applicants must meet the minimum educational requirements for the program option or stream they are applying for. However, the program has become very competitive, so acceptance most often requires exceeding them. These educational requirements should have preferably been obtained within the last five years. Contact admissions if you have questions.
Education completed outside Canada
Students who are a permanent resident of Canada or Canadian citizen, but whose high school or post-secondary education was not completed in Canada, and are interested in applying to the RT program, should complete the following prior to applying:
- TOEFL, IELTS or the Language Proficiency test (see TRU's English Language Proficiency Requirements for Academic Study)
- An assessment of your credentials by an international credential assessment agency
All admission requirements must be submitted to Admissions by February 1. Only complete applications will be processed.
Requirements Upon Acceptance due by August 30
2. A valid CPR-C with AED certificate must be provided.
3. Criminal Record Check (CRC).*
4. TRU Immunization forms to be filled out and submitted.*
*These forms will be emailed to you by the Resp Program Assistant