|Tom Dorval, Chair||Allied Health (Respiratory Therapy)|
|Scott Mann||Animal Health Technology|
|Jonathan Van Hamme||Biological Sciences|
|Musfiq Rahman||Computing Science|
|Rick Brewster||Math & Stats|
|Wendy Gardner||Natural Resource Sciences|
|Marten Lettinga||Physical Science - Chemistry|
|Nancy Van Wagoner||Physical Science - Geology|
|Ernest Tsui||Physical Science - Physics|
|Janice Karpluk||Dean's office|
Terms of Reference
For purposes of Terms of Reference the following definitions shall apply:
- TRU - Thompson Rivers University.
- Council - Faculty of Science Council.
- Senate - Thompson Rivers University Council.
- Chair/ Vice Chair - the Chair/Vice Chair of the Committee.
- Dean - refers to the Dean of Science.
- Faculty member - a person employed by TRU, full time or part time, in the Faculty of Science, as an Instructor, Lecturer, Lab Faculty, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor.
- Student member - an undergraduate or graduate student, chosen to represent the interests of Science Students on the Committee.
- Staff member - a person employed by TRU, full time or part time, in the Faculty of Science, as support staff or administrator.
The Steering Committee is responsible for ensuring the Terms of Reference and Bylaws of the Faculty Council are followed and that the selection of members of Standing and Ad Hoc Committees of the Council, elected officers of the Council, delegates to other Faculty Councils and Senate, and any other panels or committees, has been carried out in a fair and unbiased manner.
- One representative from each discipline in the Faculty of Science – voting.
- The Dean of Science or their designate – voting.
- The committee shall elect a chair from the membership, one year term (renewable once), the election date/term coinciding with the faculty council election dates.
- Committee members shall serve a three year term (renewable once), with staggered terms in the first 4 years of operation.
- The Steering Committee shall nominate individuals for Standing and Ad hoc Committees of the Council, elected officers of the Council, delegates to other Faculty Councils, and such other panels or committees as may be requested from time to time.
- The Committee shall review annually, or upon direction from Faculty Council, the composition of committees of the Council and shall undertake such other duties as are assigned by the Council.
- The Committee shall promote the nomination of candidates for honorary degrees, and faculty teaching, research and service awards.
- The Committee shall be responsible for periodically reviewing the Terms of Reference and By-laws of the Faculty Council. The Committee will propose any changes or errors of omission to the Chair of Faculty Council.
- The Committee shall be responsible for periodically reviewing the Terms of Reference for all Faculty of Science Standing Committees and make sure they are in line with the Faculty Council TOR and Bylaws. The Steering Committee will inform the Chair of that Committee of any non compliance.
- A member of the Committee shall be charged with taking minutes that will be kept on file and posted to the Faculty of Science website.