Physical Resources Committee
|Mark Paetkau, Chair||Physical Science - Physics|
|Randy Moss||Allied Health|
|Ann Cheeptham||Biological Sciences|
|Janice Karpluk||Dean's office|
|vacant||Math & Stats|
|John Karakatsoulis||Natural Resource Sciences|
|Trent Hammer||Physical Science - Chemistry|
|Nancy Van Wagoner||Physical Science - Geology|
|Sandra Trawin||School of Nursing|
Terms of Reference
For purposes of Terms of Reference the following definitions shall apply:
- TRU - Thompson Rivers University.
- Council - Faculty of Science Council.
- Senate - Thompson Rivers University Council.
- Chair/ Vice Chair - the Chair/Vice Chair of the Committee.
- Dean - refers to the Dean of Science.
- Faculty member - a person employed by TRU, full time or part time, in the Faculty of Science, as an Instructor, Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor.
- Student member - an undergraduate or graduate student, chosen to represent the interests of Science Students on the Committee.
- Staff member - a person employed by TRU, full time or part time, in the Faculty of Science, as support staff or administrator.
The Physical Resources Committee (sPaRC- pronounced “sparce”) is a non-partisan standing sub committee of the Science Faculty Council. sPaRC is accountable and makes recommendations to the Faculty Council on matters pertaining to the use of space in the Science building.
The committee has the following membership and terms shall last 1 year:
- One representative from each discipline in the Faculty of Science – voting
- The Dean of Science or delegate – voting
- One representative from the School of Nursing – voting
- One representative from Facilities – ex-officio position
- One representative from the TRU Space Committee – non-voting
A committee chair shall be elected from the membership and shall also have a term of one year
sPaRC shall create a review process for proposed changes to physical space (classroom, laboratories, research space, office, storage, workshops) usage in the Science building. This review process shall include, but not be limited to:
- Creation of “Proposed Change Form”
- Creation of a timeline for the process.
- Creation of a set of guidelines for the decision process to ensure non-partisan decision-making.
sPaRC shall review all applications for changes in physical space (classroom, laboratories, research space, office, storage, workshops) usage in the Science building, and after review, shall recommend a course of action to Faculty Council.
sPaRC shall maintain a summary of space usage in the Science building and review the summary at least once every three (3) years.