Obscene/Abusive Telephone Calls
- Do not talk to the caller.
- Hang up if the caller does not say anything, or as soon as obscenities are uttered.
- Hang up he phone normally instead of slamming it down.
- If you live in a residence, inform your Residence Advisor and the RCMP of the call.
- If you work on campus and receive such a call at work, immediately report the call to TRU Security (828-5033 or local 5033) and to the RCMP.
- Inform BC Tel, and ask them about service options for tracing calls and unlisted numbers.
- On private lines, pressing *69 will give you the number of your most recently received call (this option does not work on TRU's internal phones).