Sabbatical leave promotes scholarly and professional activity through concentrated study, contemplation, and creative work, and promote collaboration and the exchange of knowledge and experiences.
Take the opportunity to maintain and enhance your academic and professional competence free from normal on-campus teaching/professional and service obligations.
Tenured faculty may apply for sabbatical at the start of the academic year preceding the year of the leave, for a period of six or twelve months. It is expected that sabbatical leave projects have a positive impact on the professional, scholarly or creative productivity of the faculty member and on TRU programs.
Applying for Sabbatical
- Department Sabbatical Leave Committee Chair receives application by Oct. 1
- Committee recommends to Dean by Nov. 1
- Rebuttal must be submitted to the Dean by Nov. 5
- Dean makes recommendation and submits applications to the Chair of SLC by Nov. 15
- Rebuttals submitted by Nov. 20 to SLC (Chair)
- SLC review; and Notification by Jan. 15
As summarized from TRUFA Collective Agreement