Strategic Consultation on Research and Graduate Studies at TRU
Completed sessions & minutes
Oct. 20, 2017, Early & Mid Career Faculty
Oct. 27, 2017, Full Professors, Research Chairs and Research Centre Directors
Nov. 17, 2017, external community partners
Nov. 20, 2017, graduate students
Nov. 24, 2017, Librarians
- Library budget figures
- Bachelors of Engineering Library Consultation
- Master of Engineering Library Consultation
Nov. 27, 2017, undergraduate researchers
Dec. 12, 2017, graduate program coordinators
Dec. 13, 2017, Open Learning faculty
Jan. 10, 2018, Indigenous scholars
Jan. 12, 2018, research services
Feb. 28, 2018, TRUSU
Mandate: The Provost’s Office and Provost’s Council have endorsed the establishment of a Strategic Consultation Task Force on Research and Graduate Studies — to help with the implementation of TRU’s Strategic Research Plan (SRP) and to align that implementation with the new Academic Plan (under development) and with Space Planning. While the principal focus of the consultation will be on strategies for successful implementation of the SRP, we will also consider questions of assessment and of research and graduate programming renewal. Our central question is: “With reference to TRU’s Strategic Research Plan, what would “success” for Research and Graduate Studies look like in 2 -5 years.” Our consultation will address that question by focusing on the following five areas:
- Strategic planning and implementation, identifying opportunities for aligning strengths and opportunities with TRU’s Priorities, Academic Plan, and Space Planning.
- Strategies for implementation of SRP in terms of governance and integrated academic support.
- Strategies for implementing the SRP that ensure faculty renewal, recruitment, and retention.
- Strategies for advancing the SRP’s impact through student research training, knowledge mobilization, collaborations and community/institutional partnerships.
- Strategies for measuring success and impacts.
|Brandon Turner||Undergraduate Student|
|Denis Powers||Chair, Space Committee|
|Donald Lawrence||Chair, Research Committee of Senate|
|Heather Price||Canada Research Chair, Faculty of Arts|
|Lincoln Smith||Director, Research Partnerships and Enterprise Creation|
|Michelle Harrison||Instructional Designer, Open Learning|
|Natalie Clark||Associate Professor, Faculty of Education and Social Work|
|Richard Brewster||Professor, Faculty of Science|
|Rod McCormick||Professor and BC Regional Innovation Chair in Aboriginal Health|
|Samta Dhanjal||Graduate Student|
|Star Mahara||Associate Professor, School of Nursing|
|Sukh Heer Matonovich||Manager, Graduate Studies and Undergraduate Research|
|Tina Block||Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts|
|Tom Dickinson||Dean of Science|
|Troy Fuller||Director, Research and Graduate Studies|
|Will Garrett-Petts||Associate Vice-President, Research and Graduate Studies|
External reviewers: Forthcoming
- Strategic Research Plan
- Strategic Priorities
- Academic Plan
- Strategic Research Plan Survey Consultation
- TRU Space Planning Study — Kamloops Campus
The Committee will be hosting focus groups, stakeholder presentations and consultation meetings through fall 2017. A record of each meeting will be posted on this website.
An internal report will be prepared by the Committee in January, 2018, and an external review and report will be submitted to the Research Office by March 15, 2018. Findings and recommendations will be presented to the Senate Research Committee, the Graduate Studies Committee of Senate, the Provost’s Council, and at a Town Hall Meeting.