Intramural Captains are integral to the success of the Intramural programs. Captains are team leaders, both on and off the court. It’s not for everyone – so be sure to read the following carefully before signing up.
A captains meeting for each sport league will be scheduled prior to the first playing date of each semester. All captains are required to attend, or must send a responsible representative in his or her place. Teams who do not attend will not be scheduled to play. All teams, including wait listed teams, are required to attend.
A captains’ meeting is scheduled for Jan. 18, 2018 in the Science Building (Room TBA) at 6:30 p.m. This is mandatory for team captains
Every team must have a captain who will be responsible for the following:
- Enter the team during the registration dates/times
- Attend the Captains’ meeting (or have a representative attend)
- Ensure the eligibility of the team players
- Inform the team of eligibility, conduct and activity rules
- Ensure that their team abides by the Intramural Rules
- Sign the Captains’ Contract prior to the first playing date
- Ensure that the team is aware of each week’s playing schedule, available on the IM Leagues site
- Providing the Supervisor with the Spirit of Play score for the other team at the end of each game
- Make sure that your team’s first priority is to have fun through healthy competition.
Captains/coaches must act as a team leader. He or she must encourage, motivate and assist in developing players to achieve their maximum potential. All coaches/captains will:
- Teach players to play fairly and respect the rules, officials, spectators and players
- Work in co-operation with the Supervisor (and Referees when applicable) for the benefit of the game
- Recognize and respect the differences in their players
- Not ridicule or degrade players for any reason
- Encourage and reward effort, fair play, participation and commitment