Engineering Transfer (Year 1 and 2)
Get started on your engineering degree at TRU by taking one year of general study courses that are common to all engineering disciplines. This program transfers into the second year of a full engineering program at either the University of British Columbia or the University of Victoria, or stay at TRU to complete Year 2, Electrical or Computer for entry into third year at UVic.
Complete second year engineering courses in either electrical or computer engineering, plus a four to eight-month co-op term. Study circuit analysis and digital electronics, design and test microcontroller circuits, and learn to control various mechanical systems. Transfers to third year electrical or computing stream at the University of Victoria.
Rewarding career opportunities in engineering are on the rise as the demand for engineering graduates continues to grow. Use mathematics, sciences, and their applications to solve real-life problems.
- Grade 12 (or equivalent) or Mature Student Status
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples 73% (B)
- Pre-calculus 11 (or equivalent) 73% (B)
- Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent) 73% (B)
- Chemistry 11 (or equivalent) 73% (B)
- Physics 11 (or equivalent) 73% (B)
- Physics 12 (or equivalent) 73% (B)
- Completion of first year of the Engineering Transfer Program at TRU (38 credits) or another recognized engineering transfer program, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.50
- A minimum grade of 60% or better in all courses that are part of the first year transfer program.
Specific questions about this program?
International student with specific questions about this program?