PHP Executive Committee
The conference is brought together by a team of volunteer students along with the guidance and support of two faculty members.
2021 PHP Conference Organizing Committee
- Kristen Jacobsen - Chair and Internal Promotions Coordinator
- Julye-Anne McKenny - Vice Chair and Secretary
- Nahian Adiba - Treasurer and External Promotions Coordinator
- Angelina Hubert - Fundraising and Events Coordinator and Sponsorship Coordinator
- Shreya Desai - Fundraising and Events Coordinator and Creative Designer
- Shannon Lopes - Merchandise Coordinator
- Wes Furlotte- Faculty Advisor
- Jenny Shaw- Faculty Advisor
Applications to be on the PHP Conference Committee for the 2021/22 school year have now closed. We hope you will consider applying to join us next spring, or sending us an email at email@example.com if you would like to help out on a more casual basis!
- Chair/Co-Chair Job Description
- Secretary Job Description
- Treasurer/Financial Coordinator Job Description
- Internal Promotions Coordinator Job Description
- External Promotions Coordinator Job Description
- Fundraising & Events Coordinator Job Description
- Merchandise & Sponsorship Coordinator Job Description
- Creative Designer Job Description
- Being on the committee (regardless of position) means that you will be an integral part in making decisions that help this conference continue to happen!
- It is an opportunity to connect with other students and faculty members in the program, and in some cases even with students from schools across Canada!
- Being part of organizing a conference like this is a great addition to a resume or CV, as it shows passion and commitment to the material and/or the skills required
- Planning this conference will help you advance many existing skills, such as decision making (sometimes under pressure), organization and staying on top of your tasks, communicating professionally, finding creative solutions to problems, and more!
- The conference can present PHP students with a lot of networking opportunities, and this opportunity is made even better with the exclusive perks of being on the committee (eg. personally connecting with the conference's keynote speaker)