- The PHP Conference is one of the few Undergraduate Conferences in Canada
- It is organized by a committee of undergraduate students, along with two faculty advisors
- This year's conference will be held from January 20-22, 2022
- TRU student registration is sponsored by TRUSU. Therefore, registration is free but mandatory for TRU Students. There are costs associated for students visiting from other universities.
- Sessions run during the day on Friday and Saturday. Each Session is 1 hour and 15 mins long with two or three presentations included in each.
- Students present on their original research papers on a subject related to Philosophy, History, and Politics
- We do our best to organize each session thematically.
Presenting at the Conference
- You will deliver a 10 - 15 minute presentation on your paper's key points and main argument. A question period will follow after each student's presentation.
- Faculty and committee members can offer support leading up to the conference.
- An amazing opportunity that includes a weekend of fun, learning, and academic experience
- A rare opportunity that grows your experience exponentially.
- Develop your research, public speaking, and networking skills.
- Add an invaluable experience to your CV - helps with career and graduate school aspects.
- Meet students and faculty in your field of interest from other institutions.
- Chance to share your ideas, research, and hard work with other like minded students
Banquet and Keynote Addresses
- We will be having a banquet to close out the conference on Saturday, January 22nd, 2022
- This event will be ticketed. We encourage you to package your conference registration with your banquet ticket! Tickets will become available in December 2021.
- This year's banquet will be held at the Delta Hotel.
- For more information and to get tickets, please visit the PHP Banquet tab.
- Registration is free for TRU students.
- Although we are not requiring pre-registration this year, you will be required to check in at our registration table in order to be screened for symptoms if you are attending in person. If you are attending or presenting online, you do not need to visit the registration table, but instead you will be prompted to fill in 1-2 questions when you enter the Zoom room.
Consult our Facebook Page for more information. TRU Philosophy, History and Politics Undergraduate Conference.
Any questions can be emailed to: email@example.com