- The PHP Conference is one of the few Undergraduate Conferences in Canada
- It is organized by students, along with two faculty advisors
- Occurs on January 18 - 20, 2018
- Registration is free but mandatory for TRU Students. There are costs associated for students visiting from other universities.
- Sessions run during the day on Friday and Saturday. Each Session is 1 hour and 15 mins long with two or three presentations.
- Students present on subjects related to Philosophy, History and Politics
- Each session has 3 students present and are organized by themes
- Coffee and lunch breaks allow you to visit with other attendees
Presenting at the Conference
- You will deliver a 10 - 15 minute presentation at a panel that includes other presenters and professors followed by a 5 minute question period
- Faculty and committee members can offer support leading up to the conference
- An amazing opportunity that includes a weekend of fun, learning, and academic experience
- A rare opportunity that grows your experience exponentially.
- Develop your research, public speaking and networking skills.
- Add an invaluable experience to your CV - helps with career and graduate school aspects.
- Meet students and faculty in your field of interest from other institutions.
- Chance to share your ideas, research, and hard work with other like minded students
Banquet and Keynote Addresses
- The annual banquet is an unforgettable evening not to be missed. Ticket price includes dinner, dance, and an internal Keynote Address by Dr. Tracy Penny-Light, Faculty of History, TRU.
- Each year, a visiting speaker is invited to TRU to deliver an External Keynote Address followed by a wine and cheese event. Such exciting topics as the history of drag, Mexico, Cuba, and the history of sleep have been presented.
- Registration information will be made available in the fall of 2017.
- Registration is free for TRU students. Includes lunch on Friday and Saturday, breakfast on Saturday, and tickets to the Wine and Cheese (Does NOT include banquet tickets). Registration is mandatory
- Once at the Conference you must come to the Registration Table to Sign In.
- Volunteer! Build your resume. Gain experience. Make friends. Find a role that suits your interests
Consult our Facebook Page for more information. TRU Philosophy, History and Politics Undergraduate Conference.
Any questions can be emailed to: email@example.com