Parking on campus this winter? Choose from economy, general or a limited number of premium permits for winter 2019 below. If you are applying for the outside transit service discount on your winter permit, apply by Jan. 31 (see bottom of page for instructions). Remember, fall semester permits expire on Dec. 31.
Four types of parking permits
First-come first-served, Lot N, NT and UCH*
Half-day ($3, N only) or all-day ($4) from lot dispensers or PayByPhone
10-week or 16-week semester ($200) e-Permit
If you park 5 days/week, the semester permit is $2.50/day
Open Aug. 1 for fall/winter, on-going
*Lots NT and UCH (Upper College Heights) opened for economy parking in September 2018.
Like being prepared? You can check Lot N Availability on the TRU Go App before you head to campus.
First-come first-served, any general lot (A4, E, H, J, M, T1, T3 and W)
All-day ($5) from lot dispensers or PayByPhone
Weekly ($25), 10-week ($200) or 16-week semester ($250) e-Permit
If you park 5 days/week, the semester permit is $3.13/day
Open Aug. 1 for fall/winter, on-going
Guaranteed, specific lot only (A3, B, C, D2, L1, S, T2 or V1)
1 semester ($283), 2 semesters ($566), or annual ($850) (See how to purchase from Impark below)
If you park 5 days/week, the semester permit is $3.50/day
Winter semester permit sales open Nov. 1 for a limited number of premium permits. (To guarantee parking space in a specific premium lot, TRU only offers semester or annual permits equal to the number of available spaces in that lot.)
How to purchase from Impark: Check the Premium lot map above and note the name of the lot you want to park in. Spaces for winter semester are limited—be prepared to check availability in alternate lots.
Go to the Impark Monthly Parking website and follow these steps:
1. Log into your existing Impark account (use temporary password Welcome if you forgot your password) or create a new account. Then from the red menu bar, click on Sign-Up.
2. Enter “Thompson Rivers University” in the Lot Search field. From the list of TRU parking lots, select your desired lot and click Lot Details. Double-check that the details match the lot you want. (If the lot is marked full, choose Lot Search from the menu to restart step 2.)
3. Click the red Buy Parking button. At the bottom of the page, review the permit descriptions carefully and make sure you choose from the "Student" options. Choose the permit you want and click Select.
4. Complete the application form. NOTE: On the Delivery Options screen, you MUST select the “Mail” option. All permits will be mailed to the TRU Parking Office, and then you can pick up your permit at the parking desk in the TRU Bookstore.
5. Pay for your permit with a credit card.
Check your email for confirmation and your receipt. Pick up your permit at the TRU parking desk by Dec. 14
Guaranteed, one specific numbered stall in a selected lot
If you park 5 days/week, the annual permit is $4.42/day
Fall/winter closed May 31.
Share the costs of commuting and parking—find a carpool buddy through TRU Rideshare, a free online app. Learn more
You can also register an additional vehicle on your long-term parking permit—whether it's economy, general, premium or reserved—so you and your carpool buddy can take turns driving if you wish. (Just make sure you transfer your permit between vehicles when you switch—and call the Parking Office if you leave it behind.) Email the Parking Office with the vehicle's licence plate and model to register.
Discount for students living outside Kamloops Transit service
If you live outside the Kamloops Transit area, and have opted out of the TRUSU UPASS, you may qualify for a 20 percent UPASS parking discount on semester and annual parking permits.
Once you’ve confirmed you are opted out of the UPASS, bring your receipt for your semester or annual parking permit to the TRU Parking Office in the Bookstore. The Parking Office will verify your UPASS status and give you the 20 percent discount for the permit you purchased. Applications for the discount on winter semester permits are due Jan. 31, 2019.