Road and Parking Closures
Summer 2018: gas main upgrading and new construction
Service upgrades are continuing this summer, with University Drive East expected to re-open before September. Construction of TRU's new Nursing and Population Health Building (NPH) is underway, and construction is expanding on the TRU Community Trust development — The Reach — north of Old Main.
- University Drive East and the Summit Drive entrance will remain closed until paving occurs later this summer.
- College Drive between the entrances to parking lots C and L2 is closed indefinitely, due to the NPH building construction.
- Parking lot A1 is now closed for development of the second residential building in The Reach, by the Kelson Group; access to lots A3 and A4 will be maintained during the construction.
- Until University Drive East upgrades and the new roundabout are completed, temporary lot entrances are in place for parking lots L1 and L2, and a temporary walkway allows access to the second-floor Clock Tower entrance.
- Gas main upgrading will periodically close or limit traffic on WolfPack Road and Campus Drive, with work expected to finish in August.
TRU makes every effort to notify students, staff and faculty in a timely fashion when construction-related closures of roads, pedestrian routes or parking spaces is anticipated. However, due to the variety of projects, contractors and geographical factors on campus, some disruptions may occur with little or no advance notice. Please allow yourself additional time to drive or walk with caution around construction zones, and check this site for updated closure information.
Thank you for your continued patience as TRU builds for the future.