Parking and Transportation
September 2018: planning ahead
The section of College Drive between the Culinary Arts Training Centre (CATC) and the intersection with University Drive is closed indefinitely during Nursing and Population Health Building (NPH) construction. Lot L2 is also closed indefinitely for construction staging.
Summer 2018: upgrading and new construction
Service upgrades are continuing this summer. University Drive East is being re-paved and landscaping and hardscaping in the area will follow, while gas main upgrading progresses west up Campus Drive. Construction of the Nursing and Population Health Building (NPH) is underway, and work is expanding on The Reach north of Old Main.
- University Drive is expected to re-open by the end of July, starting at the north end where traffic to parking lots A3 and A4 will be able to use the original entrance. At the East Gate end, the road will re-open fully once the roundabout is completed.
- Parking lot E near the East Gate is closed from June 25 until approximately mid-August.
- The temporary entrance to lot L1 is going through lot L2 until University Drive re-opens, but L2 itself is closed indefinitely for NPH construction. Please use caution, whether driving or walking.
- Replacement of landscaping and walkways impacted by the service upgrading around the Library and Clock Tower will begin after University Drive reopens.
- A power outage is scheduled for 5 p.m. Friday, July 27 until the following morning, impacting the International Building, A&E, the Campus Activity Centre and the Residence. Generators will supply necessary power to the CAC and Rez, but IB and AE will go completely dark during this electrical work.
- Power outages may occur in August in preparation for the NPH and the Industrial Training and Technology Centre (ITTC), which is nearing completion.
- WolfPack Road at the College Drive intersection will be closed or reduced to alternating traffic on July 27 and 28 due to gas main upgrading. Re-paving of Campus Drive and WolfPack Road will occur in August.
- The North Gate exit to the Hillside Connector is closed indefinitely this summer for construction of parking lot NT.
TRU makes every effort to notify students, staff and faculty in a timely fashion when construction-related closures of roads, pedestrian routes or parking spaces is anticipated. However, due to the variety of projects, contractors and geographical factors on campus, some disruptions may occur with little or no advance notice. Please allow yourself additional time to drive or walk with caution around construction zones, and check this site for updated closure information.
Thank you for your continued patience as TRU builds for the future.
TRU Parking Office
Location: In the Bookstore in the Campus Activity Centre.
Contact: email@example.com or 250-828-5368.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Monday to Friday
Except for: statutory holidays (reading break and exam dates are not considered holidays), or days that TRU is officially closed.
Vehicles not complying with regulations are subject to a ticket and/or towing without warning at the owner's risk and expense.
To help prevent theft from vehicles, please ensure that valuables are not left in vehicles or are locked in the trunk. Even better, leave valuables at home.
No person shall occupy a parked vehicle on campus overnight, regardless of valid parking permit. Overnight parking is only allowed in Lot N and Lot M, unless otherwise approved by the Parking Office.
No refunds or cancellations.
Any difficulty encountered with ticket dispensing machines should be reported immediately to the Parking Office:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-828-5368
Any motor vehicle parked, operated, or driven on campus shall be solely at the risk of the owner and the operator. Thompson Rivers University shall not be liable for any damage occasioned to any motor vehicle, the operator, other occupants thereof, or any person, unless such damage has resulted from negligence of the servant or agent of the University acting in the course and within the scope of his employment.