Digital Signage Templates
We want to engage students by sharing important information and interesting activities unique to their TRU experience on digital slide screens around campus. Slides rotate every eight seconds and run for a maximum of two weeks.
What is allowed (information should be relevant to a broad audience)
- Important dates for students
- Student opportunities (e.g., elections)
- Information about services (e.g., therapy dogs, recreation, mindfulness)
- TRU campus photos (e.g., beauty shots, from large events like Orientation, Back to School BBQ, convocation)
- Food services advertising
- Congratulations to student award winners
- Events with broad appeal
What is not allowed (information that is of interest to a smaller, targeted audience)
- Program- or course-specific information
- Information specific to faculties
- Events with narrow audiences (these can be submitted to the Events calendar)
All submitted events must appeal to a broad audience. Please send them also to the Events calendar. Include the event page URL on the slide for more information. As a bonus, the calendar feeds the TRU Go app, sharing your event even more.
Slides are only on screen for eight seconds and viewers will see them from a distance. With that in mind, here are some tips:
- Try to use 20 or fewer words. Stick to the important points. Use shorter words when possible.
- Use a large font. Keep capitalization to a minimum. Don’t use all capitals. Refer to the TRU brand guide.
- PowerPoint is accepted as a file format. You can change the photos (ideas for better photos) in the downloadable templates (don’t alter the dimensions) and save the slide afterward as a PowerPoint file so it can be edited if necessary.
- Test your slide one of two ways. One, shrink the slide to the size of a business card. Can you read the main points in eight seconds? What words/images can you cut? Or two, view your screen from six metres (20 feet) away and various angles. Can you read the main points in eight seconds? What can be cut?