Borrowing at Other Libraries (COPPUL & CPSLD)

Through the Library's memberships in COPPUL (Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries) and CPSLD (Council of Post Secondary Library Directors), the TRU Library participates in a reciprocal borrowing program which allows current TRU faculty, staff, and students to borrow materials directly from all academic libraries that participate in the program.

 Which Libraries Participate In The Reciprocal Borrowing Program?

For a complete list of participating libraries. CPSLD libraries and COPPUL /CURBA libraries.

 What Do I Need To Borrow From Other Institutions?

If you are visiting a CPSLD library, you just need to present your valid TRU Campus ID card or proof of registration at TRU. 

If you are visiting a COPPUL/CURBA library, you will need to obtain a COPPUL card from the TRU Library before you can borrow material from a CURBA library. This card serves as your introduction to other libraries. You will need to present your COPPUL Card and your TRU student card (or proof of registration/employment at TRU) at the Circulation Desk of the library you wish to use, and they will issue you a borrowing card for use at their library. The lending library may put some restrictions on what or how much you can borrow. Each lending library has their own policies. It is a good idea to telephone the other library that you wish to visit before going.

 Who Is Eligible To Apply For a COPPUL Card?

Currently enrolled TRU students and currently employed TRU staff and faculty whose TRU library accounts are in good standing.

 How Do I Apply For a COPPUL Card?

Please contact the Reference Desk at your campus to check for eligibility and obtain a card. Students taking distance, regional, or open learning courses, should contact the TRU Library's Distance, Regional & Open Learning (DROL) Library Services.

 What Happens When I Present My COPPUL Card and/or TRU Campus ID Card To The Other Library?

The library may issue you a library card or an account number. Each library has its own policies and procedures. It is a good idea to telephone the other library before going.

 What If I'm Visiting Several COPPUL/CURBA or CPSLD Libraries?

You can use the same COPPUL Card at each library that you visit.

 Can I Access The Other Libraries' Online Databases From TRU Or My Home?

No, the reciprocal loan program does not allow for remote access of another institution's licensed databases. It is up to the library you are visiting to determine if you can access the databases while you are visiting their campus.

 What Happens If I Lose a Book Or Return a Book Late?

You are responsible for all fines incurred at the library you are visiting. If your account at the TRU Lbrary or another CURBA/CPSLD library becomes delinquent, your reciprocal borrowing (i.e., CURBA) privileges will be suspended.

 Where Do I Return My Books?

You can return the books directly to the CURBA/CPSLD library that you borrowed them from or you can drop your books off at the TRU Library. Please make sure to give the TRU Library enough time to ship materials through Canada Post. For example, if your books are due on Saturday, please return them to the TRU Library by Monday, at the latest. TRU Library is not responsible for any fines incurred due to shipping delays, strikes, statutory holidays, etc...

Search To Top
Chat loading...