Network Account Self-Service Password Reset Portal
Your password for campus computers, wi-fi, TRU Outlook email, and Moodle.
TRU's Self-Service Password Portal allows you to recover your password quickly and easily from any computer or mobile device. It is also a place where new students can change their Network Account temporary password (see #3 in Instructions to Enrol).
Instructions to enrol:
- To enroll, go to: https://myid.tru.ca
- Sign in using your network account login credentials
Students enter your T-ID: T00999999
Employees enter your user name: jsmith
In the "Login to" field: students select "MYTRU"
In the "Login to" field: employees select "TRU"
- Enter your network account password.
New Students, please enter your temporary password: Your birthday in the following
format: TRUddmmmyy (two numbers for day, three letters for month, two numbers for year)
Example: January 1st, 1993 is entered as: TRU01 jan93
- Create a new secure password following the secure password rules.
- Click link "Click here to continue" to go to the User Registration page.
- On the User Registration page, enter at least one alternate personal email address then click on "Enroll".
Note: do not use your TRU email address when trying to reset your password.
- Click on "Sign Out" beside the Thompson Rivers University logo.
- You have completed the registration process and are now able to return to this site when necessary to reset your password.
Reset your password after enrolment
- Go to https://myid.tru.ca and click on "Reset Password".
In the next screen, enter your User Name. For the second field, ensure "MYTRU" is selected if you are a student. Employees should select "TRU".
- Select your "
personal email address" where you want to receive the verification code. Click continue.
You have 5 minutes to complete the verification process. Check your email inbox for an email from email@example.com. Enter the provided verification code in the "Enter Verification Code" page in the Self-Service Password Portal.
- Enter a new password ensuring you follow the secure password policy requirements. Confirm your new password, then click Reset Password. You will see a message if your password has been reset successfully.