Password Change Information
Which site/system do you need assistance with?
Network account (myTRU, computer login, wireless, Outlook email, remote access and Moodle)
I am a new student. What is my password?
Go to myID and enter your temporary password. Your birthday in the following format: TRUddmmmyy (two numbers for day, three letters for month, two numbers for year)
Example: January 1st, 1993 is entered as: TRU01jan93
Create a new secure password following the secure password rules.
Click link "Click here to continue" to go to the E-mail Recovery Registration page.
I forgot my password. How do I recover it?
- Go to myID and click on Reset Password to have a verification code emailed to you. Enter your User Name and, if a student make sure myTRU is selected, if an employee, select TRU.
- Select the personal email address where you want to receive the verification code. Click continue.You have 5 minutes to complete this process.
- Check your email inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter the provided verification code in the “Enter Verification Code” page in the Self-Service Password Portal.
- Enter a new password ensuring you follow the secure password policy requirements. Confirm your new password, and click Reset Password. You will see a message if your password has been reset successfully.
If you have not enrolled in the password reset portal, please request a password reset from the IT Service Desk. Once you have a new password, login to the password reset portal at myID to register a personal email address (Hotmail, Gmail or other).
I know my password but I want to change it.
After logging into any on-campus computer press CTRL + ALT + DEL and select change password
- Login to http://mywebmail.mytru.ca
- Go to Options > Change Your Password
If you have registered a personal email in the TRU Password Reset Portal located at https://myid.tru.ca, you can also reset your password.Reset Password
I've locked out my account from too many login attempts
Your account will be re-enabled after approximately 5 minutes at which time you can try logging in again.
I want to setup or modify my email used for password reset.
Setup or Changing your recovery email is easy!
- Go to myID
- Login with your network account credentials.
- Enter your external email account (gmail, hotmail, etc)
- Click Enroll.
- You are ready to recover your password anytime you forget it.
Since this site doesn't force you to change the password, please ensure you have tried the default password which will be your birthdate in YYMMDD format. If that still doesn't work, request assistance from the IT Service Desk.
Minimum password standards for TRU systems
Use a minimum of 8 characters and a combination of CAPITAL LETTERS, lower case letters, and Numbers. Do not use any part of your name, TRU ID or birthdate.
Safeguard your passwords
Safeguard your passwords. Never share your passwords and use ones that are difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember. Strong Passwords should be at least 8 characters long, include a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers. Remember to change your passwords frequently.