Student Network Account
You must know your network account to:
- login to the network on lab computers on campus — this provides you with your own private data storage of 2GB on the student server – drive F:\
- access the Wireless Network on campus (eduroam or tru)
- login to myTRU
- access the student Network drives (F:\ and H:\) from home using Remote Access
- access Outlook email from mywebmail.mytru.ca
- access to Moodle
- access to Library resources for off campus users
What is my login name and password for the network account?
Login name: Your TRU ID (T followed by eight digits)
Password: Your birthday in the following format: TRUddmmmyy
Example: Your birthday is Sept. 10, 1993 = TRU10sep93
To protect yourself and your personal information you are required to set a strong password.Go to Self-Serve Password Portal
Other methods to change your password
Login to a lab computer, press Ctrl+Alt+Del on the keyboard from the desktop, and then select the “Change Password” button.
OR Login to http://mywebmail.mytru.ca/ go to 'Options' > 'Change Your Password'.
- it must be between 8 and 20 characters long
- it must be a combination of letters and numbers
- there must be UPPERCASE and lowercase letters
- it is case sensitive
- may not contain three consecutive letters and/or numbers from your TRU ID
- should not contain your name or date of birth
Once your new password is set, it will remain in effect for one year.
|Account Type||User Name||Password|
Network login to lab computers
Library Resources when off campus
Starts with a T
|The initial password for new students is: TRUddmmmyy (birthdate). Example: TRU01sep96. To change your password, log in to the Self-Service Password Reset Portal (myid.tru.ca)|
|Blackboard (blearn.tru.ca)||TRU ID||Birthdate: yymmdd|