Centralized Digital Signage System Overview
- Cost effective, shared service solution with BCNET
- Centralized communication system
- Unified message and branding
- Campus-wide and departmental messaging
- Diverse and dynamic content (RSS, webpage, static images, live stream)
- Content scheduling
- Delivery of emergency alerts
- Minimum reliance on signage administrators
- Displays will be situated in high traffic areas
- Efficient and scalable system
- More effective and engaged audience
- Improve student experience
- Flat panel displays
- Content players
- Digital signage sw (CoolSign)
- Content development
- Delivers synchronous emergency messaging to all active signage endpoints across campus.
- Regroup (emergency mass notification system) push messages to all digital signage players via RSS Feed instantly.
- Safety & Emergency Management will post messages in Regroup in the event of an actual emergency, and will deactivate post manually.
- An Emergency Alert Channel will override regular content instantly and display a central emergency message when there is an update from the data source. When a message disabled in Regroup, the display will go back to regular channel.
- A dynamic content streaming external source that only requires a source URL to display Flash-based or HTML5 standard video.
- For multicast live stream source, in-house encoder is required.
- A preconfigured channel is used to display on screens and scheduled.
Suggested Locations or Common Places for Screens
- Hallways (Wayfinding)
- Information desks
- Cafés, cafeterias and food courts
- Elevator waiting areas