- Student Network Account
- Emergency Notifications
- Lab Information
- Outlook Email
- Remote Access
- Virtual Course Software & Setup
- Microsoft 365 Student Migration Information
- Tips for Safe Computing
- Protect Your Identity
- Awareness Sessions
- Desktop Security Tools
- Standards & Policies
- Smart Phone Security
- About Us
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Digital Strategy
- Project Management Office
- IT Update Newsletter
Information Security and Privacy Awareness Training Standard
This page has been moved to our new Knowledge Base. Information Security and Privacy Awareness Training Standard can be found here.
Adopted by the TRU Information Security Committee on January 8, 2021
Information security and privacy awareness training are an essential part of Thompson Rivers University’s (TRU) Information Security and Privacy Programs. TRU has made both online and face-to-face awareness training available to all members of the community. This standard has been created to ensure that all members of the university community are provided clear guidance on expectations and requirements to participate in these programs.
1) Any member of the university community who processes, handles, or has access to the credit card information of others, must attend annual information security awareness training which includes specific coverage of those topics mandated by the Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard. It is the responsibility of the Dean/Director to ensure that these individuals complete annual awareness training and that their attendance is recorded as part of their annual review.
2) All new employees must complete the on-line Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Course and the Information Security Awareness Essentials I course as part of their on-boarding as a TRU employee.
3) All staff and faculty who access any confidential information as defined in the Information Classification Standard, must attend annual information security and privacy training. It is the responsibility of the Dean/Director to make sure that staff attend at a level that is deemed appropriate for their role.
On-line awareness training can be completed at https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/ in the Learning section.