- Student Network Account
- Emergency Notifications
- Lab Information
- Outlook Email
- Remote Access
- TRU Go - Mobile App
- Virtual Course Software & Setup
- Microsoft 365 Student Migration Information
- Tips for Safe Computing
- Protect Your Identity
- Awareness Sessions
- Desktop Security Tools
- Standards & Policies
- Smart Phone Security
- About Us
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Digital Strategy
- Project Management Office
- IT Update Newsletter
Mobile Device Standard
This page has been moved to our new Knowledge Base. Information about Mobile Device Standard can be found here.
A standard addressing notebooks, netbooks, USB flash drives, and any other mobile storage media.
Notebooks/netbooks/USB drives/other storage media
Adopted by the Information Security Committee - April 20, 2010
All TRU employees using mobile computing devices such as notebooks, netbooks, and USB drives or using any other data storage media such as CD’s and DVD’s, must ensure that these devices meet the following minimum security standards;
- any files containing confidential information stored on these devices must be encrypted and secured with a strong password
- Example file types: spreadsheets, databases, text, presentations, images, audio/video recordings.
- See the Information Classification Standard for examples of confidential information types.
- access to the device must be secured with a strong password
- the device must be physically secured at all times
- if lost or stolen the owner must inform TRU Security or the TRU IT Service Desk as soon as possible
TRU Security – 250-828-5033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ITService Desk – 250-852-6800 or email email@example.com