Information Security Committee
Terms of Reference
The TRU Information Security Committee reports to the Vice President Administration and Finance. The Committee supports the University's mission by providing oversight and prioritization of information security issues through the review and, upon the request of the appropriate governing body, development of information security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
TRU-ISC Goals and Functions
- Improve the University's information security awareness and posture.
- Seek to ensure that appropriate levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability are maintained for all of the University's information assets.
- Review draft Security Policies and make recommendations to the President's Council.
- Seek to ensure appropriate levels of support and funding are made available for information security initiatives.
- Review Security Audit findings and make recommendations.
- Review and approve an annual Information Security presentation to the President's Council.
- Raise security related issues on behalf of constituents.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with Security Policy.
- Review and make recommendations in response to significant information security incidents.
- Provide oversight for the development of an Information Security Incident Response Plan.
- Provide oversight for the development of a Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan.
- General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
- Associate Vice-President, Finance
- Associate Vice-President, Digital Strategy & Chief Information Officer
- Director, Information Security, Information Technology Services
- Director, Risk Management Services
- Associate Vice-President, Enrolment Services & University Registrar
- Privacy & Access Officer
- Executive Director, Human Resources
- One faculty representative
- One student representative
- Assistant to AVP Digital Strategy and Chief Information Officer
- Committee will meet 3 times a year. Additional meetings may be held at the discretion of the Chair
- Meeting materials to be sent out four (4) working days prior to meeting
- Minutes to be distributed within ten (10) working days of meeting