Once paperwork has been processed by Human Resources and Finance, IT Services will provide you with your personal network and email account.
Once your Onboarding paperwork is processed by HR and Finance, IT Services will receive notification from the Banner database System and will proceed with account setup. The IT Service Desk will notify your Departmental Secretary or Supervisor with a Job Ticket number when your myTRU account is ready and the Job Tickets have been submitted for the network and Outlook e-mail account creation. You may contact the IT Service Desk @ 250-852-6800 with the Job Ticket number provided to obtain your myTRU account username and password.
Network, wireless, email, Moodle and remote access accounts
- Provides you with login access to the TRU computer Network.
- The same username and password can be used for TRU wireless access to the Eduroam wireless network, Outlook email, and TRU Remote Access.
- Provides you with an H:\drive which is your private personal network space to save data.
- Provides you with basic access to the O:\drive which is where group shared network folders are accessed.
- If you require access to departmental shared network folders, or access to other system applications, have your Supervisor complete an Applications and Systems Access Request (ASAR) form.
- More information about system applications is available on our web site.
- Email account format - "username"@tru.ca
- Access webmail at: http://exwebmail.tru.ca
- Access the Ecom staff list folder where you can find job postings, current events both on campus and in the community, and classifieds.
- Find important campus announcements.
- Submit your time sheets every two weeks.
- Check your pay stub information, leave balances, and manage your personal information and benefits.
- Purchase items online using the Web Requisition function.
- Time sheet approval.
- Access financial information through FAST, as well as other applications.
Learning management systems
Printing to a network printer
Go to Printing to install your network printer onto your campus computer.
Phones and voicemail
On campus calls are four-digit dialing. Information about voicemail can be found at Phones and Voicemail.
Allows you to access the TRU employee telephone directory. O:\TRU Share\Telbook
Copy the link to your desktop or Telbook is available online
A leased computer is provided to each TRU on-campus employee. These computers are replaced every four years. You will be advised in advance when your computer is scheduled for replacement. More Information can be found at Supported Hardware.