This page has been moved to our new Knowledge Base. Information about New Employee setup can be found here.
The IT Service Desk will notify your departmental secretary or supervisor with a ticket number when your myTRU account is ready and the tickets have been submitted for the network and Outlook e-mail account creation.
You may contact the IT Service Desk with the ticket number provided to obtain your myTRU account username and password.
Responsible use policy
It is important that the new employee read and understand the Responsible Use of IT Facilities and Services policy.
TRU Network Login Credentials
IT Services will provide you with login credentials. The same username and password can be used for the following:
- TRU computer network
- Eduroam wireless network
- Outlook email
- TRU remote access
- ...and more applications.
Email accounts are provided in a "username"@tru.ca format.
- Access to your emails through a web browser can be completed through http://exwebmail.tru.ca.
- Access to the Ecom Staff List and your corresponding group list (Ecom CUPE, Ecom Faculty, or Ecom Admin).
- Find job postings, current events both on campus and in the community, and classifieds.
- To submit an item to the staff list, send an email to email@example.com
- Setup in Outlook 2013 and 2016
- H:\drive - private personal network space
- O:\drive - basic access for group shared network space
- If you require access to departmental shared network folders, or access to other system applications, have your Supervisor complete an Applications and Systems Access Request (ASAR) form.
- More information about system applications is available on our web site.
At TRUemployee you can find out information about important campus announcements, timesheet submission and approvals, tax and paystub information, leave balances, and benefits. In addition, you can purchase items online using a Web Requisition function and access financial information through FAST. Please visit TRUemployee for more.
Learning management systems
TRU’s preferred application for a learning management tool is Moodle. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and training.
Printing to a network printer
Go to printing to install your network printer onto your campus computer.
Phones and voicemail
On campus calls are four-digit dials called a 'Local.' Please view our phone and voicemail instructions for setup.
Allows you to access the TRU employee telephone directory. O:\TRU Share\Telbook
Copy the link to your desktop or Telbook is available online
A leased computer is provided to each TRU on-campus employee. These computers are replaced every four years. You will be advised in advance when your computer is scheduled for replacement.