To provide faculty and staff with computer equipment support, and installations.
- Provide desk side troubleshooting assistance with issues that cannot be resolved by Service Desk staff over the phone.
Investigate and resolve virus issues on workstations.
- Troubleshoot printing issues and repairs.
- Install approved purchases of hardware and software on TRU equipment within 5 business days of receipt on campus.
- Provide re-imaging services as appropriate.
- Coordinate hardware warranty repairs associated with TRU equipment. A loaner computer may be provided in the interim, as this work may take up to 3 business days to complete
- Create and update the Gold Image for use on new leased desktop computers.
- Assist with computer reconnection after Facilities has moved PC equipment from one location to another. Provide support for a limited number of laptops listed on the web site. Supported laptops are listed on http://www.tru.ca/its/hdesk/supportedhardware.html
- Update printers for Network printing.
Who to Contact
Contact the IT Service Desk at ITServiceDesk@tru.ca or 250-852-6800 or 1-888-852-8533