IT Service Desk
To act as a single point of contact for TRU clients and IT Services. To respond to inquiries, concerns and issues to track and resolve incidents. Responsible for escalating incidents for restoration.
- Password recovery and assistance with TRU applications, systems, hardware and software.
- Receive and record all contacts, emails, and inquiries. Capture all relevant information, including the priority level, into Web Help Desk software on the first contact. Clients will be provided with their ticket number so that they are able to follow-up.
- Provide an initial assessment and attempt first call resolution, as appropriate.
- Notify appropriate tech group when major incidents occur so that appropriate troubleshooting and resolution can happen quickly.
- Dispatch new and unresolved incidents to the appropriate tech group.
Who to Contact
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
IT Service Desk at ITServiceDesk@tru.ca or 250-852-6800 or 1-888-852-8533.