Request a Virtual Server
IT Services provisions virtual servers based on requirements. Contact the IT Service Desk with the following information:
- Reason for the virtual server request.
- What application(s) will be running on the server.
- Operating system and version (Linux and Windows choices are listed below). Please note, IT Services will install the operating system and software packages (e.g. mysql). Additional software may need to be installed and maintained by the owner of the server.
- When the server needs to be provisioned by.
*Depending on the availability of technicians, it can take from 2 to 6 weeks to provision a server.
Note: Depending on the application running on the server, a security and privacy assessment may need to be completed. This assessment will determine what additional security / privacy measures are required.
Backups are stored for approximately three months.
A Network and Technical Services technician will contact you within one week of your request to discuss it in more detail.
- Operating System - Centos preferred but others available e.g. Ubuntu, BSD
- Special Software Packages that need to be installed (RPM's e.g. mysql, wordpress)
- Operating System (e.g. Windows Server 2012 R2 64 bit)
- Special Software Packages that need to be installed (e.g. MS SQL)