- Student Network Account
- Emergency Notifications
- Lab Information
- Outlook Email
- Remote Access
- Virtual Course Software & Setup
- Microsoft 365 Student Migration Information
- Tips for Safe Computing
- Protect Your Identity
- Awareness Sessions
- Desktop Security Tools
- Standards & Policies
- Smart Phone Security
- About Us
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Digital Strategy
- Project Management Office
- IT Update Newsletter
VPN Setup for Windows
This page has been moved to our new Knowledge Base. Information about VPN Setup for Windows can be found here.
To setup VPN on your Windows device, follow the instructions below.
1. Ensure you have disconnected from an existing VPN before proceeding.
2. Open your web browser and visit this link: https://vpn.tru.ca
3. Sign in with your TRU credentials (Staff use username, students use T-ID). If you have 2 factor authentication enabled check your paired device at this time and allow the sign-in.
4. Download the Global Protect client version for your computer, for Windows users unsure of which version to choose go with the 32-bit.
5. Once downloaded run the installer, Run the GlobalProtect.msi or GlobalProtect64.msi, just keep clicking Next, say Yes when UAC asks to run when done
6. Once the VPN is installed you will be asked to sign in
7. Enter “vpn.tru.ca” for portal address
8. The username and password are the same used to log into the VPN website earlier. If you have 2 factor authentication enabled check your paired device at this time and allow the sign-in.
If you're having trouble authenticating with DUO check out this video from DUO on how to authenticate.
9. When you need to connect later or disconnect click the up arrow beside your system clock. Click the globe symbol. Then Connect/Disconnect
**If you have any issues connecting, please review the VPN troubleshooting solutions.