- Student Network Account
- Emergency Notifications
- Lab Information
- Outlook Email
- Remote Access
- TRU Go - Mobile App
- Virtual Course Software & Setup
- Microsoft 365 Student Migration Information
- Tips for Safe Computing
- Protect Your Identity
- Awareness Sessions
- Desktop Security Tools
- Standards & Policies
- Smart Phone Security
- About Us
- Multi Factor Authentication
- Digital Strategy
- Project Management Office
- IT Update Newsletter
VPN Setup for Mac OS
This page has been moved to our new Knowledge Base. Information about VPN Setup for Mac OS can be found here.
To setup VPN on your Mac OS device, follow the instructions below.
1. Ensure you have disconnected from an existing VPN before proceeding.
2. Open a web browser and visit this link: https://vpn.tru.ca
3. Sign in with your network credentials. If you have 2 factor authentication enabled check your paired device at this time and allow the sign-in.
4. Download the Global Protect client version for your computer from the link in step 1.
5. Run GlobalProtect.pkg, select continue, then install.
6. Enter the username and password for an administrator on your computer when prompted to allow the install.
7. Enter your network credentials again
8. Enter “vpn.tru.ca” for portal address
9. Login using your network credentials. If you have 2 factor authentication enabled, check your paired device at this time to allow the sign-in.
If you're having trouble authenticating with DUO check out this video from DUO on how to authenticate.
10. Select the globe symbol in the top right to connect or disconnet.
**If you have any issues connecting, please review the VPN troubleshooting solutions.