Access for Mac OS Clients
- Download the appropriate AventailConnect software from the above links.
- Double-click on AventailConnect-OSX64.dmg on desktop.
- A new window will pop open, with an Aventail Connect.pkg file in it. Double click on the .pkg file to begin the install.
- The installer will open and prompt you thru the installation (mostly just clicking "Next / Continue").
- When done, reboot.
- Dispose of the .dmg file on your desktop (no longer needed - it's like a .ZIP file)
To connect to the VPN, open up the Applications folder and double click on Aventail Connect. An Aventail Connect icon will appear in your menu bar (near the volume / wifi / date and time). Click that icon and select Connect. Enter your TRU userid/password.
To disconnect from the VPN, click the Aventail Connect icon in the menu bar and choose Disconnect.
Mapping A Network Drive On A Mac
This method allows you to reboot your Mac and have the mapped network drive automatically remount and appear on the desktop.
1. From the Finder, hit Command+K
2. Enter the path smb://tru_vfiler1.tru.univ / and click ‘Connect’
3. Enter your login credentials and click “OK”
4. The drive is now mounted, but continue on to map for system reboot persistence
5. Now enter into System Preferences from the Apple menu
6. Click on ‘Users & Groups’
7. Click on “Login Items”
8. Click on the + button to add another login item
9. Locate the network drive you previously mounted and click “Add”
10. Exit out of System Preferences