OneTRU intranet (employees only)
Questions and Answers about TRU's new Intranet.
Training and information on starting to use OneTRU.
Information for employees using OneTRU.
What is OneTRU?
OneTRU is TRU's Intranet built on Microsoft's Sharepoint Server 2013 (on-premises) web-based platform. It is intended to support the collaboration and sharing of information within teams and throughout the organization. It will allow individual schools and departments to develop and design customized site collections for team and committee collaboration allowing for the sharing and editing of documents in real-time.
- customizable web forms
- document libraries with file versioning
- online discussion forums
- picture and slide libraries
- team and committee sites.
What are the goals of OneTRU?
The OneTRU Intranet mission is to provide a single-stop shop for all internal collaboration, publishing and document management needs, as well to provide the opportunity to leverage the SharePoint platform as a framework for application systems, and enhance business processes throughout the University.
OneTRU Intranet's goals are:
- To provide a consistent method of presenting information that is easily accessible to the University community.
- To provide a system that enables the end user to independently develop and maintain their own information and improve processes.
- To provide TRU with a centralized platform in order to consolidate, integrate and secure distributed systems and information, as well as collaborate with internal projects and operational and functional teams.