Faculty/staff network accounts and drive access
All faculty and staff are provided with network accounts and network drive space to store their data files.
The login credentials are the same for the following systems: computer network, wireless, TRU email, and Moodle.Self-Serve Password Portal
Other methods to change your password
- When connected to the TRU network: PC's ONLY (not MAC's) - CTL + ALT + DEL to locate the "Change password" option on your computer.
- You can alternatively use Outlook webmail to change your network, email, wireless and Moodle password
TRU network drive space
Personal network data space – H:\ drive (home drive)
All TRU Faculty and Staff are provided with 10 GB Network drive data space that is backed up each night. Thus if a file is accidentally deleted, it can often be recovered. Many require additional space, so in order to try to accommodate this we need everyone to start reviewing the data files they do have.
Organization network data space – O:\drive
There are a number of Folders that are for all staff and other folders for Group or other type of access. This space is to be used within each Faculty or Organization to share data that is used by a number of employees. Once again, if there are files that are no longer required or belong to a previous staff member, move them onto a DVD or USB drive. Keep the media in a secure location as this will be the only copy.
Storing to your local computer hard drive C:\
Data files on your local C:\drive are at risk especially if the hard drive fails, as they may not be recoverable. Do not keep important files on this drive, only files that you can afford to lose.In all cases, we must be diligent in securing data files in accordance with applicable laws and the University’s policies including Confidentiality of Student Information.
Important reference documents
- TRU Information Classification Standard
for data handling
- Confidential Information Storage:
- For any portable medium such as USB drives or notebooks Encryption required.
- Responsible Use of Information Technology Facilities and Services – Section I.1.
- Computer IDs, accounts, and other communications facilities are to be used for authorized purposes. Subject to TRU Policy ADM 4-2, Conflict of Interest, limited personal use is acceptable if it does not interfere with use of the facility for its intended purpose and, in the case of employees, if does not interfere with his or her job performance.
In an effort to make sure there is enough space for all, and allow IT Services to be able to run backups that don’t take most of the night; we would like everyone to consider the following:
- Keep your most important work related data files on the Network, not on your local hard drive.
- Music, videos, and photos can take up an excessive amount of space and are best kept on a DVD or USB drive. Keep only the ones you use frequently on your network drive.
- Software programs should not be kept on your network drive, as these belong on your computer. Every few years, move old files that you no longer access but want to keep for reference from your H: drive to a DVD or USB drive (there are terabyte drives on the market that can accommodate tons of data), so that the data is available if needed. Keep the media in a secure location as this will be the only copy.