Be a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! IDays 2020 requires the help of enthusiastic volunteers doing a variety of tasks.
The week-long celebration welcomes people to experience and participate in many events, including lectures on global issues, cultural demonstrations, dinners, food fairs, the DJ spectacular, a fashion show and the showcase. IDays needs students who can volunteer during the day, but also in the evening, starting from 5 p.m.
- Priority will be given to applicants who can commit three consecutive hours to each volunteer shift. We will do our best to schedule all applicants throughout the week, but this is not a guarantee. You will be contacted via email regarding availability and scheduling.
- As a TRU IDays volunteer, you are required to attend a one-hour volunteer training session on either Monday, Feb. 24, or Tuesday, March 10.
- Volunteer T-shirt
- Certificate of recognition (upon request)
- Hours may be accepted towards the Global Competency credential
- May count towards some program courses
- Adds volunteer experience to your resumé
- Helps create a globally minded campus
- Networking opportunities
- Make new friends
- Be part of a movement that has been adopted by 193 countries