Safety when Studying
- Avoid studying in isolated classrooms in campus areas that are infrequently patrolled, have little or no traffic, or are difficult to access.
- Do not study in stairwells, doorways, and locker alcoves.
- Study in groups; there is safety in numbers.
- Set up a buddy system on the floor you are working on; keep in regular contact.
- Try to work in an area where you have access to a phone in case you need to call for assistance.
- Do not use a personal stereo system or play music so loudly that you can't hear what is going on around you.
- Immediatley report any suspicious individuals in the area to Security. If you are in the library, tell a librarian.
- If possible, lock the door of your work area to keep unwanted visitors out.
- Report all incidents to TRU Security and/or the RCMP.