- Try to park your bike in a well lit area. What looks good in the daylight may not be adequately lit at night. If you must park your bike in a poorly lit area of campus, call Security for an escort, or walk with a friend.
- Make sure your bike is securely locked before leaving it.
- If you have a quick release seat, take it with you.
- Avoid the use of cable style locks, they can be easily cut.
- Secure your bike only to a bike rack, never to a signpost or railings.
- Do not take bikes into builidings. They can interfere with evacuation during an emergency.