In most cases, proceeds generated from the sale of various materials, products and services are considered institutional revenue and will be recognized in an institutional fund, individual divisions or department will not see the proceeds run through their fund in the GL.
University wide revenue
Revenue generated from the following sources is considered institutional revenue and will be recognized in an institutional fund.
- The collection of fees, fines, service charges, etc. as assessed and collected by university staff as part of their jobs, e.g. library fines, transcript fees, admission fees, testing fees, etc.
- The sale of scrap material and/or animals.
- The collection of photocopy charges.
- The rental of University assets, e.g. facilities, audio-visual equipment.
- Interest and investment revenue.
Revenue cheques issued to TRU should be sent to the campus cashier for deposit. Full GL string of where the cheque should be deposited must be written on the cheque stub. If the coding is not known, please complete the miscellaneous deposits form and attach it to the cheque before sending the cheque to the campus cashier, or presenting the cheque in person.