Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Personal Tax Credit Return

Revenue Canada requires that you complete a Personal Tax Credit Return if any of the following conditions have been met:

  1. Your status (i.e. married, single, with dependents, tuition) has changed since the last time you completed a Personal Tax Credit Return, and/or
  2. You wish to increase the amount of tax to be deducted from your salary

Should you meet any of the above criteria, you may obtain new forms from Divisional Secretaries, the Payroll department, or from Human Resources. Completed forms should be returned to Payroll as soon as possible.

If it is unnecessary for you to complete a Personal Tax Credit Return, income tax will be calculated in the same manner as it was previously. When employee status remains the same from taxation year to taxation year, our payroll service automatically recalculates to allow for new year basic personal exemption changes.

If you have any questions, please contact the Payroll Department:
Wendy Crawford, Manager, Payroll and Accounts Payable
Local 5617  
Donna Bloxom, Payroll Clerk
Local 5650

Julie Orobko, Payroll Clerk
Local 5618

Search To Top