Principles of key control and distribution
- The more keys in circulation, the greater the potential for lost/stolen keys.
- No key shall be issued to a person without a valid reason to hold that key. Keys enable the effective performance of routine duties. Keys for convenience or infrequent use does not justify the issuance of keys on a permanent basis.
- Keys reflect demonstrable needs and not necessarily the key holder’s rank in the organization.
- Keys may be issued on a permanent or temporary basis.
- All personnel seeking keys must complete a Key Requisition and obtain the approval of the Chair/Dean/Director. Keys will not be provided without an approved form.
- The Key Control Authority shall have final determination regarding the issuance of keys.
Lost or stolen keys?
If you wish to replace a lost FOB or Access Card, there will be a $20 replacement fee.
Acquiring your new keys
Pick up your keys
The Keys Desk will notify you when your keys are ready for pickup.