Education and Social Work Menu
Student Success Support
All TRU M.Ed. and G.C.E.S. students have access to support through the Success Centre. Established to provide support for students as well as offer resources, events and workshops, and be a hub for students to connect in a community of learners, the Success Centre is available for all students to access. All supports for students are free and easily accessible. Supports and opportunities offered include:
- Writing support (e.g., citations, thesis statements, essay organization, and use of language)
- Support for things such as: understanding articles, brainstorming ideas for assignments, understanding readings, and presentations
- Workshops on a variety of topics such as: APA, thesis statements, paraphrasing, and essay structure
- Events on topics such as: M.Ed. exit options, careers, hearing from past graduates on professional life after graduation, and more
- Resources (documents and videos) for students to access
- One-on-one or small group tutorials done synchronously
Support is offered from Graduate Teaching Assistants who are senior students who have excelled in their study in the M.Ed. program. Supports are managed through the Success Centre’s Moodle site (an internal TRU site). The one-on-one or small group tutorial support is all synchronous which allows for dialogue and for the Graduate Teaching Assistants to best help students learn and develop their writing and other skills as graduate students.
How to access the Success Centre:
- GCES and MEd students are automatically enrolled via Moodle
- Coursetakers must request to be enrolled in the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The short video below offers an introduction to the Success Centre.