Education and Social Work Menu
Three possible routes to your MEd degree
|Program start date||Application deadline|
|September (fall)||April 30|
Intake for the program is in the fall.
Non-program (course-taker) admission applications can be submitted at any time of the year Applicants are advised to apply well in advance (six weeks is recommended) of the beginning of each semester. This allows time to gather, submit, and have application documents processed before course registration deadlines. Late applications may be accepted, space permitting.
See the TRU Admissions page regarding general admission to TRU.
For program admission, you need the following:
- A four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent, with a GPA of 3.00 in the last 60 credits
- English language proficiency requirements:
- IELTS, with a score of 6.5 or higher with no bands below 6.5
- Successful completion of ESAL Level 5
- ToEFL score of 570+ with a TWE of 4.5 or higher
- ToEFL-iBT 230 with an essay of 4.5 or higher
- ToEFL-iBT 88 with all sections 20 or higher
- CAEL, with a score of 70 or higher and all subtests 60 or higher
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education (in the original language and a certified copy in English) or a letter of permission (LOP) from your home institution
- Letter of intent (no more than 350 words)
- Two reference letters from professional or academic referees
- A personal resumé outlining your academic and professional experience
Non-program (course taker) admission
If you are interested in taking MEd courses as a non-program student, you can take up to seven online Open Learning courses (with some exceptions). Apply any time of year, to start courses in September, January, and May. Please allow sufficient time to send official transcripts and have them evaluated by our domestic Graduate Admissions office prior to the start of classes.
You will need to apply as a Graduate Unclassified student in order to take courses and you will still need to meet academic admission requirements for the MEd but will not need to submit a letter of intent, resume or references.