Education and Social Work Menu
Infant/Toddler Educator Post-Diploma Certificate
Graduates of the ECE program may want to continue their studies so they can work with infants and toddlers. NOTE: Students not having obtained an ECE Certificate/Diploma from TRU may be required to take a 1st year University Level (3 credit) English if Official Transcripts indicate the course or equivalent has not been completed.
The Infant and Toddler Educator post diploma certificate provides ECE graduates with the advanced skills and knowledge to work with children under the age of three. Areas of learning include: infant and toddler development, critical reflection, creating developmentally appropriate learning experiences for infants and toddlers, the ECE’s professional role, and skills to support families. Students have the opportunity to connect theory and practice in two practica.
Year 2 - Semester 4 (January - April) - Offered in odd numbered years
Prior completion of all of the following:
• An Early Childhood Education Diploma
• ECED 2440 Interpersonal Relations – Working with Families (or equivalent)
• ECED 2490 Administration of Early Childhood Education Programs (or equivalent
• ENGL 1100 (or equivalent)
|ECED 3400||Practicum - Infant and Toddler Field Experience (L)||4|
|ECED 3410||Development and Care of Infants and Toddlers (L)||3|
|ECED 3450||Program Development - Infants and Toddlers (L)||3|
|CMNS 2290||Professional Business and Technical Writing||3|
- Completion of ECED 3400, 3410, 3450, 2440 and 2490 meets the Ministry requirements for an Infant/Toddler Certificate to practice.
- Completion of the above courses plus a second level English meets the TRU requirements for an Infant/Toddler Post-Diploma Certificate.
Students can enrol in the English at a later date if desired.