|Program Start Date||Application Deadline|
|September 2018 (fall)||April 30, 2018|
|January 2019 (winter)||October 15, 2018|
Intake for the program is in the fall, with limited intake for the winter.
See the TRU Admissions page regarding general admission to TRU.
For program admission, you need the following:
- A four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent, with a GPA of 3.00 in the last 60 credits
- English language proficiency requirements:
- IELTS, with a score of 6.5 or higher
- Successful completion of ESAL Level 5
- ToEFL score of 570+ with a TWE of 4.5 or higher
- ToEFL-iBT 230 with an essay of 4.5 or higher
- ToEFL-iBT 88 with all sections 20 or higher
- CAEL, with a score of 70 or higher and all subtests 60 or higher
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education (in the original language and a certified copy in English) or a letter of permission (LOP) from your home institution
Non-Program (Courses) Admission
If you are interested in taking MEd courses as a non-program student, you can take up to seven online Open Learning courses (with some exceptions).
Apply online, using the application process at EducationPlannerBC and include the following with your application:
- Application fee
- Statement of intent
- Two letters of reference
- Proof of undergraduate graduation
- Evidence of English language proficiency
If your GPA is below 3.00 or you do not meet the English language requirements, please apply to the Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (GSES).
We welcome your questions. Please contact us.