Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (GCES) is designed to help students develop English language and academic skills necessary to succeed in TRU’s Master of Education (MEd) program.
Direct-entry international students who require English upgrading will be required to successfully complete up to five levels of TRU’s English as a Second Language program before entering TRU’s MEd program. In addition to the ESL courses, students will be required to successfully complete three graduate level courses.
Students who meet English language requirements, but require academic upgrading, will be required to complete three graduate courses prior to admission in TRU’s MEd program.
Students wishing to upgrade their GPA in order to ease the transition to TRU’s MEd program may also choose the GCES program.
The GCES is considered a standalone Graduate Certificate that completes qualifications for admission into TRU’s MEd program. Note: Credits received in GCES do no transfer to the TRU MEd program.
|Program||Start Dates||Application Deadline|
|GCES||May 7, 2018 (Summer Semester)||Feb. 15, 2018
|GCES||Sept. 4, 2018 (Fall Semester)||April 30, 2018
- Four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- GPA of 2.5 on a 4-point scale
- Language requirements as outlined below
- Letter of intent (no more than 350 words)
- Two letters from professional or academic referees
Intended for two categories of students:
- those with English skills insufficient for admission directly into TRU’s Master of Education (MEd)
- those who meet English language requirements for admission to graduate studies at TRU and who need to upgrade their GPA and/or ease the transition to TRU’s MEd