Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Accessibility Services

When you register, you have the option of stating that you require services and academic accommodations due to a documented disability. You are then invited to book a phone or an in-person appointment with an accessibility advisor to discuss your eligibility and needs.

If you meet the documentation requirements and are deemed eligible, we set up accommodations for you before the course begins, time permitting. An accommodation letter is sent from Accessibility Services to the Exams department, and you receive a copy of the letterYou are encouraged to share this letter with your Open Learning Faculty Member (instructor). 

OL course delivery differs from that of on-campus course delivery, so there are some differences in services and accommodations. Please see Accessibility Services regarding eligibility, the registration process and accommodations.

Accommodated Exams

Register with Accessibility Services four weeks (one month) before the OL final exam deadline (see the Exam Sessions schedule).

Find an exams supervisor to invigilate your exam and an appropriate location. The supervisor must complete the Statement of Presiding Supervisor form. Be sure to complete your portion of this form before it is sent to the Exams department.

Student Forms

Here are some forms you may need:

Need Help?

Contact Student Services by email or call 1-800-663-9711 (toll-free in Canada) or 250-852-7000 (Kamloops and international), Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PST (Pacific Standard Time).